Dictator is a small application for writing transcriptions from recorded dictations.
It is a simplified notepad application combined with a simple audio player.
The unique feature is the ability to skip backward and forward in the audio recording with simple keystrokes while typing.
Windows setup package: version 0.6 (5.1.2011)
Source code: version 0.6
Select Audio->Open Audio File... and select recording you want to use as a dictation.
Then select Audio->Play or press Ctrl+P to start playing the recording.
To jump backward, press Ctrl+R and to jump forward, press Ctrl+F.
You can change the amount of seconds, how much to jump, from Edit->Options...
Version 0.6 (5.1.2011)
- Status / progress indicator for audio file currently being played (current position / total play time).
- Link to the GPL web page in About box added.
- Version number increased to 0.6.
Version 0.5 (13.11.2010)
- Selected GNU GPL as a license.
- Source code release.
- Removed question mark from dialogs.
- Fixed default application path in setup script.
- Increased version number to 0.5.
Version 0.4 (9.11.2010)
- Fixed setup package (missing library phonon_ds94.dll).
- Improved About dialog to include license information.
- Fixed File/New bug.
- Version number increased to 0.4.
Version 0.3 (8.11.2010)
- Play and pause merged to the same keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+P).
- Improved "unsaved changes" check in closeEvent.
- Saves window size and position.
- Version number increased to 0.3.
Version 0.2 (6.11.2010)
- Phonon object was not destroyed properly. Memoryleak fixed.
- Added audio file support detection. Now populates file open dialog with relevant file name extensions.
- Version number set to 0.2.
Version 0.1 (30.10.2010)
To Do List
- user interface translations in Finnish
- better application icon
- .deb and .rpm packages for Linux binaries
This program is released under GNU General Public License.
Thanks to my co-worker for seeding the idea for this program.
Thanks to the following tools, this project took only few hours to get in usable state from total scratch:
- Qt libraries and Qt Creator development environment
- NSIS setup creation tools
- msysgit as a version control system
Matti J. Kärki <mjk (at) iki.fi> 2010